The behaviour policy is followed by all staff and a separate behaviour policy for the foundations stage is followed. The emphasis on securing Good/Outstanding behaviour for learning is done through a program of nurture and an awareness of the prior experiences of our children. We have a range of additional support some of it paid for by Pupil Premium as we have a high percentage of children on Free School Meals, we are aware that the deprivation factor of our children is high in terms of social and emotional development.
To this end we have a range of initiatives.
- Autism Specialist (To work alongside teachers to ensure that these children have the best provision).
- A Nurture group based on Boxall Profile (Trained School Staff).
- Play Therapy/ Psychotherapy (Trained Children’s Counsellor)
- All teaching assistants are trained in drawing and talking therapy –
- Family Learning in group and 1:1 sessions to enable parents to support their children’s learning at home (Specialist)
- We have funded our own School Nurse and Speech Therapy sessions.
In addition to this we have the usual local Authority support, PSS (Pupil and School Support), Behaviour management, Educational Psychologist, Communication and Autism Team.